*The Hollins University campus is currently closed for photo shoots and outside visitors. Please check back for updates. Thank you.
Hollins University campus and buildings are private property and the University reserves the right to deny photography requests that conflict with class schedules, campus events and conferences, or obstruct the use of campus pathways. Hollins also reserves the right to restrict access to building exteriors during photo shoots. Photo shoots may not occur inside any Hollins buildings without prior written approval from the Office of Special Programs.
If you’d like to use Hollins campus for a client or personal photo shoot, you must submit a photo shoot request form at least 5 business days in advance. Once your request is received, you will receive a response within 3 business days. Please note that all requests are processed on a first-come, first-served basis and not all dates will be available.
Once approved, your shoot will be added to the schedule, Campus Security officers will be notified, and you will receive an email confirmation of your shoot. On the day of your shoot, please have a hard copy of the confirmation email with you should you be asked to provide it to any representatives of Hollins University.
Campus Security officers will approach photographers conducting shoots that are not scheduled. If you are approached by a security officer, please identify yourself. Photographers who refuse to identify themselves and/or cooperate with the officer will be asked to leave campus.
All photographers agree to the following policies and guidelines:
- Buildings—including porches, patios and entryways—should not be used unless you have received written approval in advance from the Office of Special Programs.
- Sidewalks, bridges and other areas may not be blocked off at any time for any reason. During the photo shoot, all walkways must remain clear so that others can move freely through the space. This includes but is not limited to vehicles, photo props, and camera equipment.
- Photographers and their clients must park in designated areas around the campus and not in any grassy areas, sidewalks or areas specifically marked as no parking.
- Campus signage should not be included in shots.
- These areas are off limits for photo shoots:
- The equestrian center, including paddocks, stables, barns, riding ring as shown here
- Private campus residences and their yards and grounds, including flower beds and play areas;
- All athletic fields.
- Photographers and their clients agree to be courteous and respectful to all members of the Hollins University community and yield the right of way to Hollins students, faculty and staff. Please allow and encourage visitors to walk by between poses.
- Fastening or attaching any rope, signage, banner, flyer or other object to any tree, shrub, fencing or railing is prohibited.
- Mini shoots are not permitted.
- Hollins University does not use social media to promote professional photography. Please do not tag Hollins on social media when posting photos from shoots, or “check in” to Hollins University on Facebook before or after shoots.
- If you are approached by Campus Security during your shoot, please identify yourself and have your paperwork available.
- Hollins University is a smoke-free campus. Photographers are responsible for ensuring that their clients do not smoke on campus. Hollins’ smoke-free policy includes vaping and electronic cigarettes.
- Please leave Hollins campus as you found it by disposing of any trash and cleaning up all areas used during photo shoot.
- Inclement weather – if your photo shoot is affected by inclement weather, we will work with you to try and reschedule your shoot.
- Anyone not in compliance with these procedures and guidelines will be escorted from the grounds.
If your one-time photo shoot date is affected by inclement weather, you may arrange for a new date by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.